Guard Vessels & Guard Ships
Providing protection for
• pipelines and cables
• wellheads, manifolds and other subsea structures
• various offshore sites during installation, operational and decommissioning phases
• renewable energy installation operations
• areas of concern for safe fishing operations
• qualified Marine Assurance and Safety Officers
• regular vessel inspections undertaken
• Marine Safety Forum supported vessel inspection documentation
• training and certification to fishing industry standards Communication
• with fishing vessels and other marine traffic
• with client vessels/installations
• daily activity reports provided
• 24 hr emergency onshore support
SFF Services provide a range of vessels, selected to meet client requirements, from local 15m trawlers
to 40m+ Atlantic Class vessels.
Working fishing vessels serve as particularly appropriate Guard Vessels, using local fishermen’s knowledge and appropriate communication with vessels in the vicinity to protect vulnerable subsea assets and deter fishing activity from potentially hazardous areas.
Guard Vessels have been utilised during vulnerable periods of installation, construction and decommissioning to a wide range of projects and clients, including major international oil and gas companies and installation contractors.
Regular vessel inspections are carried out by our qualified and experienced in house team, working alongside client auditors as required, to ensure safety standards and delivery of service are pioritised. These high standards have allowed SFF Services to maintain a solid reputation as a reliable and professional supplier of Guard Vessels.