Experienced fishing vessel skippers are effective Fisheries Liaison Officers (FLOs) and are used during a variety of offshore operations, including oil and gas installation works, seismic surveys, and renewable energy operations. FLOs liaise between fishing vessels and Clients, using local knowledge and fisheries experience to encourage co-operation and help ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently. FLO’s are essential in areas of intensive fishing activity, aiming to minimise disturbance to both the Client vessel and fishermen.
FLOs provide information on static fishing gear, and determine the location and amount of gear involved – this can help prevent entanglement and possible damage or time loss. FLOs also conduct mitigation watches as Marine Mammal Observers when required, with Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) approved training certification.
Liaison services and fisheries advice can also be provided from shore.
Providing support for
• seismic surveys
• oil and gas installation and decommissioning
• renewable energy installation operations
• onshore activities
• local fishing knowledge
• effective communications
• with Client Reps
• with client vessels/installations
• with local fishing vessels
• encouraging co-operation
• minimising disturbance for all involved
• fishing vessel industry certification
• offshore survival training
• offshore medical certification
• JNCC approved Marine Mammal Observation (MMO) trainingSFF Services provide qualified offshore and onshore personnel to meet client requirements.