Providing support for
• seabed grab sampling
• marine traffic surveys
• acoustic monitoring and communications testing
• bird/fish/marine mammal surveys
• oil spill response
• qualified Marine Assurance and Safety Officers
• regular vessel inspections undertaken
• Marine Safety Forum supported vessel inspection documentation
• training and certification to fishing industry standards
Personnel and Consultancy
• experienced Marine Mammal Observers and Passive Acoustic Monitoring Operators
• JNCC approved training certification
• pre-work consultancy and fisheries awareness seminars
• onshore liaison and industry advice
• fishing intensity studies
Fishing vessels have previously been supplied to conduct and support several types of environmental operations and survey work. These include bird, fish and marine mammal surveys, communications testing, acoustic monitoring, buoy deployment/recovery/servicing, seabed grab sampling, oil spill response, and marine traffic surveys. Local fishing vessels have also been provided in the environmentally sensitive Yell Sound area of Shetland, assisting in monitoring marine mammals during pipeline survey and rock dumpingoperations.
Experienced personnel can also be provided to assist with environmental survey work, holding JNCC approved Marine Mammal Observer and Passive Acoustic Monitoring training certification. Related acoustic equipment can also be supplied.
Complementary onshore consultancy and fisheries awareness seminars are also available, along with the provision of data on fishing activities in Scottish waters, necessary for the planning and implementation of subsea activities.